In order to upgrade to Mutiny, your CentOS Mutiny appliance will need to have its core OS upgraded to our new Alma release.
The process is very straightforward and involves the following steps;
- Upgrade your CentOS appliance to the latest release;
- Take a backup snapshot and download the backup to a USB key or your PC.
- *Rebuild or build a new appliance with the latest Alma build iso see: User manual
- Power/shut down your old appliance.
- Use the console to put the new appliance back on the network with its original IP address.
- Web onto the new blank Mutiny appliance with email@example.com and "password"
- Put your backup USB key into the new appliance or upload your backup snapshot.
- Restore your backup snapshot (Please allow adequate time for this to complete wait at least 15 minutes before any reboot)
- Apply for a replacement licence; your existing licence will run for a further 7 days.
- Finally, turn back on weekly backups.
* If your appliance is more than 4 years old you might consider purchasing our latest appliance that comes with the latest CentOS Mutiny pre-installed.
Appliance build and setup
Licence request form
Appliance upgrade offer