Migrate your Virtual Appliance to CentOS Appliance
Modified on: Wed, 7 Jul, 2021 at 2:35 PM
If you have been trialling or running a virtual mutiny system and have now purchased an appliance then follow these steps to transfer your config over to the new appliance.
The process is very straightforward and involves the following steps;
- Upgrade your trial appliance to the latest CentOS release. CentOSmutinyBundle-latest.tgz.gpg
- Take a new snapshot and download the backup to your PC.
- Startup your new appliance follow the guide here; Manual section 3
- Use the console to put the new appliance on the network with a temporary address.
- Shut down your old virtual appliance.
- Web onto the new blank Mutiny appliance with firstname.lastname@example.org and "password"
- Upload your backup to your new appliance.
- Restore your backup (Please allow adequate time for this to complete wait at least 15 minutes before any reboot)
- Apply for a replacement licence, your existing licence will run for a further 7 days.
- Finally, turn back on weekly backups.
Appliance build and setup
Image download page
Licence request form
Appliance upgrade offer
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.